Kenya | Portugal | South Africa
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As a Security Engineer you will form part of JUMO’s dedicated Security Team. Our mission is to raise JUMO's overall security posture, by identifying security issues and helping teams to understand and address them.
JUMO’s tech stack runs in AWS and includes AWS EKS, Terraform, microservices written in Kotlin, Datadog and CI/CD based on Github Actions and ArgoCD. As a Security Engineer you will need to be familiar with these systems, as well as specific security tooling such as various AWS-based security tools (Security Hub, GuardDuty, AWS WAF, etc), Okta, Semgrep, Cybereason EDR, Tenable.io, Mimecast, VMware Workspace ONE MDM and more.
You will report into the Head of Security.
- Help to discover and triage vulnerabilities from various sources.
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain secure configurations across JUMO’s cloud and endpoint estate.
- Work with engineering teams to complete threat modeling exercises.
- Work with teams across JUMO to improve the SDLC and help secure the systems they are responsible for.
- Write code to automate tasks and integrate it with other products and integrations.
- Implement and improve security observability.
- Respond to, document and automate incident responses.
- Proactively seek ways to improve existing processes and systems related to incidents, vulnerabilities, security control systems, and risks.
- Coach, mentor, and knowledge share within the team.
You will need
- 3+ years of information security experience.
- Experience in a security implementation and operations environment.
- Good foundational programming experience, in a modern language such as Python, as well as Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform).
- Experience with cloud services such as cloud providers, SSO, cloud email gateways, cloud productivity suites.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with other teams.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and take initiative.
- A keen eye to identify process constraints and find solutions to alleviate these.
- Ability to work independently and be comfortable with responsibility.
Bonus if you have
- Stronger coding experience. For example, you can write code that interacts with a set of APIs, transforms the data, stores it in a database, and pushes it to another API.
`We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working as one team towards our goal of financial inclusion
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
This position is based remotely in any country between UTC and UTC+3 timezones. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we firmly believe that diversity strengthens our teams. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive recruitment process that cultivates an environment where all individuals can be authentic, collaborate, and thrive.