People Operations Specialist
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As People Operations Specialist you will be accountable for supporting the effectiveness and optimisation of the key people processes and systems that attract, engage and retain our people. In this role, you will play a critical role in ensuring that the organisation and our people have the resources and insights needed to work productively and thrive. You will also contribute to building an employee experience and working environment that promotes wellbeing, growth and doing good. You will report to the Head of Organisational Effectiveness.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting exceptional people operations processes, from recruitment, onboarding, acceleration through to exit processes for permanent employees and contractors. This may include advertising of vacancies, interview scheduling, preparation of offer letters and employment contracts.
- Being the first point of contact for efficient documentation, immigration and visa support for permanent employees and consultants. This may include confirmation of employment letters, reference letters, visa renewals and applications and visa documentation for travel purposes.
- Accurate record keeping and collation of people data to ensure all compliance and statutory requirements are adhered to and to minimise risk. This may include Employment Equity, Workplace Skills Plans, audits, due diligences, ISO requirements, and travel management.
- People data reporting and analytics, including consolidating data and key insights gathered throughout talent, people operations and organisational effectiveness processes, to inform decision making and to enrich the overall candidate and employee experience. This extends to identifying and driving process improvements, particularly in ensuring that transactional activities are automated, seamless, efficient and set up for accurate record keeping and finding of information.
- Ad hoc support and project work to support the broader Organisational Effectiveness, ESG and People teams with internal initiatives and campaigns, with a focus on data integrity, employee experience and a nurturing work environment and culture.
You will need
- At least five years relevant experience
- Demonstrated track record of working in a fast paced, demanding environment, managing multiple work streams simultaneously whilst maintaining accuracy and composure
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting structure, adapting to changing priorities and meeting key deliverables
- Ability to move quickly, make confident decisions with a sense of urgency and independently manage daily work
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem solver and a highly organised task master
- Deep personal ethics, integrity and professionalism, with demonstrated professionalism when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with stakeholders across the business at different levels
- Team orientation and willingness to pitch in where needed across the People team
- Someone who wants to learn and grow over time and who is also willing and able to deal with the administrative side of the role
Bonus if you have
- Experience working with people operations processes
- Experience with recruitment processes
- Experience working within an organisational effectiveness environment
`We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working as one team towards our goal of financial inclusion
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
This position is based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we firmly believe that diversity strengthens our teams. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive recruitment process that cultivates an environment where all individuals can be authentic, collaborate, and thrive.