Data and Reporting Analyst
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As Data and Reporting Analyst, you will become the data guru for one or more of the many functional data domains within JUMO. Working closely with the various stakeholders, BI developers and data engineers to enable you to service data requests both internally and to external partners. You will report to the Data Modelling & Reporting Team Lead.
- Work closely with all stakeholders which will include technology platform Product Owners, Data & Prediction teams, Finance, Marketing and external partners to perform investigations on data warehouse and other operational data stores to understand and assist with the real-world problems we're trying to solve.
- Need to understand the end-to-end architecture of your functional domain and be able to deep dive into the data to resolve issues or perform ad-hoc extracts.
- Perform quality assurance on new and existing data sets and pipelines to discover inconsistencies, anomalies to guide problem resolution and data cleansing exercises.
- Use advanced data query and discovery skills for ad hoc analysis and support for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Need to be able to clearly define reporting requirements to BI Developers for build.
You will need
- 5+ years experience with data and/or systems analysis experience, at least some within a formal BI environment.
- University degree in either Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Informatics or equivalent industry training and experience.
- Proven ability in analytics, business process analysis and presenting / communicating recommendations across all organization levels.
- Real-world understanding of data processing and storage.
- Relational database management systems experience in any relevant technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift and SQL Server.
- Experience writing advanced queries or stored procedures on RDBMS.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Understanding of Data Governance, Agile methodologies and QA standards.
- Critical thinking under pressure.
Bonus if you have
- Experience in data environments making use of big data, data lakes, event-based streaming and API integrations.
- Experience with reporting and business intelligence software such as Tableau, Power BI, Grafana, Superset.
- Experience with tools such as Airflow and NiFi.
- Experience working with Github.
- Experience with end-to-end BI solution design and build.
- Experience in the FinTech industry.
`We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working as one team towards our goal of financial inclusion
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- Using AI for good, ensuring more value for more customers
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
This position is based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.