Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the financial planning and analysis activities of JUMO. You will lead a team of financial analysts and work closely with cross-functional teams to provide insightful financial analysis and modeling to drive strategic decision-making within the company. You will report to the Commercial Director.
You will be responsible for
- Team Leadership:
- Lead and mentor a team of financial analysts, providing guidance, coaching, and support to ensure their professional growth and success.
- Cultivate a collaborative and high-performance team culture that encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
- Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Develop and manage the annual budgeting and forecasting processes, ensuring accuracy and alignment with company objectives.
- Conduct variance analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities, and provide actionable insights to senior management.
- Financial Reporting:
- Prepare and present clear and concise financial reports, dashboards, and presentations to senior leadership, enabling informed decision-making.
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with various departments to understand business drivers, validate assumptions, and foster cross-functional alignment.
- Participate in cross-functional projects that have a financial impact on the organization.
You will need
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field (MBA or CFA is a plus).
- 7+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis; experience with corporate finance modeling a plus.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in financial modeling software (e.g., Excel, financial planning software) and data visualization tools.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working as one team towards our goal of financial inclusion
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
This position is based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we firmly believe that diversity strengthens our teams. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive recruitment process that cultivates an environment where all individuals can be authentic, collaborate, and thrive.