An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As BI Developer you will be involved in building new reports, maintaining existing reports, creating data sources and pipelines for reporting purposes, deriving data extracts for operational and analytical needs and engage with both internal and external stakeholders on their data and reporting requirements.
You will report to the Business Intelligence Lead.
- Be an inquisitive self-starter with the ability to learn and navigate through data and gain a solid understanding of how diversified data fits together
- Interact with business users at all levels to understand their needs, to design and build reporting solutions that can scale and create efficiency within the organization
- Be responsible for creating robust reporting data models used to effectively manage the technical delivery of business needs
- Perform quality assurance on new and existing data sets and pipelines to discover inconsistencies, anomalies in order to guide problem resolution and data cleansing exercises
- Play a key role in the design and delivery of reporting solutions for both internal and external consumption including various regulatory and financial bodies
You will need
- 5+ years experience with data analysis and/or BI experience, with some time spent within a formal BI environment (Kimball Methodology)
- University degree in Finance, Business or Information Systems/Technology or equivalent industry training and experience.
- Proven ability across all organization levels in analytics / presenting / communicating / visualization tools
- Proven ability in navigating highly complex unstructured data environments
- RDBMS experience in any relevant technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift or MS SQL Server
- Real-world understanding of data flow, data processing and storage
- Experience creating stored procedures and advanced query writing
- Intermediate – Advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of IT Governance, Project Management methodologies and QA standards
- Experience with reporting and business intelligence software such as Tableau, Power BI or Superset
- Critical thinking under pressure and problem solving
- Time management skills
- Ability to work as an individual as well as in a team environment
Bonus if you have
- Experience in at least one of the following languages: Python (preferred), DAX, JSON
- Experience working with services on the AWS platform
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with GitHub
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working as one team towards our goal of financial inclusion
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
This position is based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.