Finance Project Lead
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As Finance Project Lead you will be accountable for managing the projects within Finance across key deliverables which includes creating the roadmap of finance systems and databases, integrating different systems in order to have a database for Finance, and creating planning for short, long and medium plans.
You will report to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Lead financial projects within Jumo to ensure that Finance is a future fit.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams for the delivery of projects and initiatives (Planning, reporting and analytical).
- Take delivery ownership of projects and initiatives and ensure committed timelines are met.
- Develop a fit-for-purpose solution and system architecture that will meet the financial planning and performance reporting needs of the organisation.
- Design and lead the implementation of a financial reporting platform.
- Design and lead the implementation of a planning, target-setting and reporting platform.
- Lead data modelling initiatives and the development of taxonomies and ontologies.
- Design, implement and monitor the necessary governance and controls for effective data management within the Finance environment.
- Implement data quality measurement, monitoring and controls.
- Analyse the business reporting and analytical requirements of the Finance and Business stakeholders and oversee the technical interpretation into technical specifications.
- Aid analytical resources in delivering new insights to inform the business in decision making.
- Develop and improve the analytical capabilities and toolsets of the organisation. Seek out areas that can be improved by enhancing practices and techniques, new skills and the deployment of new technologies.
- Stay abreast of developments in best practices and technologies and identify opportunities where these new developments could add value to the organization.
You will need
- Qualified Accountant (CA / CMA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), past qualification and years of experience are also considered
- Highly analytical and ability to apply judgement
- Advanced Excel (essential)
- Ability to work independently and drive delivery
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Excellent financial modelling & financial analysis
- Systematic and methodical approach to problem-solving and developing systems
- SQL / PostgreSQL (working knowledge advantageous)
- PowerPivot (working knowledge advantageous)
- PowerQuery (working knowledge advantageous)
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
This position is based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.