Treasury Operations Analyst
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
The Treasury Operations Analyst will be responsible for operationally supporting the treasury processes by ensuring effective daily cash management so that bank accounts and mobile wallets are correctly funded across the Group at all times. This position will be based in South Africa and will report into the Head of Treasury Operations.
- Ensure the precise monitoring and integrity of all cash generation and utilisation across all territories through the regular maintaining and updating of the cash models and the Treasury Management System and referencing to externally validated data.
- Support the Treasury function by collating and producing accurate and timely weekly and monthly reports of cash generation/utilisation across all our territories.
- Proactively maintain bank and Mobile Network Operator (MNO) mandates through effective communication with banks and our MNO partners ensuring an accurate list of authorised personnel and their authorisation profiles.
- Work closely with the company secretary to prepare timely board resolutions through the requesting and following up of changes to banking mandates as required e.g. for new personnel, role changes etc.
- Support the ongoing automation and streamlining of cash management processes and reporting to efficiently prepare for rapidly scaling the business on a global basis.
You will need
- A Grade 12 mathematics and accounting and/or 5 years’ experience in a financial role is essential.
- A strong track record in working accurately with cash management in a multi-currency environment.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible under pressure and in a highly changeable environment.
- High levels of numeracy and accuracy.
- Very organised, disciplined, responsible and methodical.
- Strong administrative execution capabilities.
- Mid to advanced levels of excel.
- An understanding of banking operations, Reporting automation & General Ledger accounting.
Bonus if you have
- Tertiary financial qualification is desirable.
- Corporate banking, foreign exchange, complex business models and structures, automation in a financial environment is desirable.
- Working experience in consumer credit cash flows.
- Experience working in a startup or growth environment.
- Exposure to a Fintech and/or Technology business environment.
- Emerging market experience.
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
You will be based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility to work from home, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate, prosper and be themselves.