Head of Treasury
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
The Head of Treasury will be responsible for delivering end to end treasury management that interfaces internally and externally at the highest levels. You will be accountable for leading a Treasury team that is capable of supporting JUMO’s mission through mitigating treasury exposure in a complex multi-territory landscape. This position will be based in South Africa and will report into the Deputy CFO.
- Manage the centralised Group Treasury Function.
- Oversee group-wide operational bank account and e-wallet management.
- Hold Group Treasury Policy ownership.
- Be responsible for group financial covenant forecasting and reporting.
- Look after daily cash management across all operating entities.
- Oversee liquidity management and operational capital planning in conjunction with the Asset Management team and Partnerships team.
- Own the Financial Service Provider roadmap and drive delivery with the Partnerships team.
- Build the required levels of protection into FSP agreements, as well as monitoring, escalations, compliance and remediation with FSPs.
- Conduct treasury reporting to FSPs driven through a fully automated reporting portal.
- Be responsible for the end to end net book funding calculation process per portfolio.
- Manage the Group ALCO and related matters.
- Be responsible for managing the delivery of short-term/medium-term capital allocation planning through the Group ALCO.
- Contribute to the Management Risk and Compliance Committee with further support in the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Be accountable for foreign exchange rate management within current strategic initiatives as well as developing further hedging capabilities.
- Maintain the Treasury Management System including the roll out of further system capabilities.
You will need
- Relevant qualification (Qualified accountant: FCMA / ACCA / CFA / ACCA).
- 10 - 12 years’ of experience holding senior treasury related roles in large banking / financial services environments across multiple territories.
- Foreign exchange experience including trading in multiple African countries and strategic FX hedging initiatives.
- Experience in dealing with exchange control matters, as well as, FX derivative valuation..
- Cash management experience in a multinational business.
- Liquidity management and short-term capital planning experience is essential.
- Treasury management experience is essential (Kyriba preferably).
- Experience with debt facility covenant management and reporting.
- Financial modelling specifically capital budgeting and cash forecasting.
- Strong bank relationship management experience.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Highly analytical, process driven & good communicator with internal & external counterparts.
- Able to implement new processes and drive automation across various functions.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & high tolerance for stress.
- Flexible in approach and adaptable to constant changes in market conditions and business growth initiatives
- Ability to collaborate across teams and confident to engage across all levels of the business.
- Ability to cover multiple work streams at once.
- Strong commercial approach.
- Excellent Reporting skills at a senior level (able to summarise / extract key points & communicate well).
Bonus if you have
- Working experience in consumer credit cash flows.
- Proven experience in ALCOs or Capital Commitment Committees.
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
You will be based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility to work from home, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate, prosper and be themselves.