Machine Learning Engineer / Prediction Services
Remote between UTC 0 and UTC +3
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As a Machine Learning Engineer in the Prediction Domain you will accountable for building JUMO's next generation of Prediction Services that enable us to deploy ML models into production, directly affecting customer offers and our portfolio performance. Our role as a team is to build systems that increase efficiency in turning data into predictive features and executing predictive models on these features. Predictions are consumed by downstream systems in segmentation, offer generation and asset management. Prediction is a mission-critical function at JUMO and therefore our team strives for operational excellence.
You will be based in-country, anywhere between GMT 0 to GMT +3, and will report to the Head of ML Engineering.
- Help make Machine Learning work for JUMO and our customers by combining Software Engineering and MLOps principles
- Build and evolve JUMO’s Prediction Services platform by embedding ML models in robust, mission-critical software
- Work with an ambitious team who are keen to solve big problems and grow as a collective
- Immerse yourself in a data-driven environment working closely with Data Engineering, Decision Science and Portfolio teams
- Take pride in operational excellence and help the team meet our Service Level Objectives
- Work directly with stakeholders and help with breaking down complex problems
You will need
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Solid software development experience as part of a team
- Expert skills in Python and Pandas
- Expert SQL skills
- Proven experience with Docker
- Proven experience in the Machine Learning lifecycle using packages such as MLflow
- Proven experience with large-scale datasets in technologies such as Apache Spark, Hive, Presto
- Proven experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins and Spinnaker
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning principles with packages such as scikit-learn, H2O
- Cloud development experience
- Ability to work autonomously in ambiguous situations
Bonus if you have
- Cloud development experience in AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Delta Lake
- Experience working in the Fintech domain
- Experience with Domain Driven Design practices
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience using NoSQL (e.g. DynamoDB)
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
We work between the UTC and UTC+3 time zones. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.