Remote between UTC 0 and UTC +3
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
We are more than just a fintech company and we’re looking for someone who wants more than just a job. The work you’ll do will require you to be intellectually curious, a clear but passionate thinker, and capable of working in a modern technology stack to deliver security continuously.
As a Security Engineer you will form part of the Security Pod that is accountable for improving the security posture of JUMO through responding to incidents, documenting playbooks, automating responses, raising security awareness, and implementing the necessary controls and improvements.
Our environment consists of Cybereason EDR, Tenable.io, AWS, Okta, Mimecast, Office365, Google Workspace, Datadog, Addigy Mac MDM, VMWare Workspace One MDM, and Cisco Meraki.
- Respond to, document and automate incident responses
- Help to set up SIEM, and always look for areas to improve and build smarter alerting functionality
- Integrate JUMO’s various security tools to build and improve a holistic security posture
- Write code to automate tasks and integrate it with other products and integrations.
- Proactively seek ways to improve existing processes and systems related to incidents, vulnerabilities, security control systems, and risks
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain security controls across JUMO’s cloud and endpoint estate
- Work with teams across JUMO to secure the systems they work with, or are responsible for
- Work with teams to complete first-pass supplier and software risk assessments
- Coach, mentor, and knowledge share within the team
You will need
- 5+ years of information security experience
- Strong experience with event monitoring tools (e.g. DataDog, Splunk, etc)
- SOC and SIEM implementation and monitoring experience
- Good foundational programming experience, in a modern language such as Python. (For example, you would be able to navigate through the code environment and pipelines, and have the aptitude to learn more).
- Experience with cloud services such as cloud providers, SSO, cloud email gateways, cloud productivity suites
- Experience working within a security operations centre, responding to and refining alerts
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with other teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and take initiative
- A keen eye to identify process constraints and find solutions to alleviate these
- Ability to work independently and be comfortable with responsibility
Bonus if you have
- Stronger coding experience. For example, you can write code that interacts with a set of APIs, transforms the data, stores it in a database, and pushes it to another API.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
This position is based remotely in any country between GMT and GMT+3 timezones. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.