Portfolio Accountant // SA
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As Portfolio Accountant you will be accountable for managing the Accounting function for our loan book portfolio across all of our entities. You will report to the Financial Operations Manager and will be based out of South Africa.
- Ensure that calculations that are prescribed by partners are in line with commercial agreements, are accurate and communicated to stakeholders in a timeous manner.
- Execute monthly accounting for financial services transactions, monitor financial controls, investigate and remediate variances.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the control framework.
- Manage month end processes within stipulated deadlines.
- Calculate revenue share payable to external parties.
- Calculate marketplace fees receivable from external parties.
- Perform reconciliations between external and internal datasets to identify discrepancies.
- Execute monthly bookings to the general ledger, in line with loan accounting, and ensure audit trail maintained.
- Support new business initiatives, including identification of accounting requirements and establishing of new finance processes.
- Engage and support both internal and external stakeholders.
- Run the full debtors control process for each portfolio.
- Compile and maintain process and policy documents.
- Perform a monthly analysis of revenue and costs for each portfolio.
You will need
- Qualified with a Chartered Accountant certification (i.e. CA(SA), ACCA, etc.)
- At least 3 years post articles experience in a hands on Accounting function within the Financial Services industry.
- Knowledge of Accounting standards, in particular, familiarity with basic financial products accounting, IFRS9 and IFRS7.
- Advanced Excel & Financial modelling experience.
- Aptitude for managing / analysing large volumes of data.
- Self-Starter & Critical thinker.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and adapt to change.
- Effective communication and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Bonus if you have
- Knowledge of Power pivot, Cubes and Scripts advantageous.
- Exposure to a start up / growth environment.
- Experience with Fintech / Telecoms / Tech industries.
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment.
- Working for impact.
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support.
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges.
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery.
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead.
You will be based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.