Strategic Partnerships Lead Francophone // Capital & Banking
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As Strategic Partnerships Lead Francophone // Capital & Banking you will be accountable for creating and developing strategic partnerships with financial services providers to drive financial inclusion across West Africa by articulating the JUMO model, ensuring they understand the value of the partnership, establishing the ideal product construct and ensuring the optimization of portfolio growth, achievement of revenue goals and management of risk in line with the partnership agreement. You will report to the Head of Partnerships.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key financial service provider counterparties by articulating what we do in a way that ensures that they have a thorough understanding of JUMO’s mission. This will facilitate the delivery of JUMO’s mobile financial services products in line with the JUMO strategy, local regulatory requirements and the partnership agreement.
- Explain the benefits of a partnership utilising sound banking and financial services knowledge with an ability to talk to portfolio strategy, reporting, compliance and data analytics.
- Continually monitor and assess the overall portfolio performance against agreed KPIs to identify opportunities to further optimise portfolio growth, customer utility and to enable long term growth of the digital ecosystem.
- Identify and share real-time, robust, reliable, insightful business information (which may include regulatory changes, macrotrends in banking and the economy in general) with relevant internal teams that can effectively influence the overall product and portfolio performance.
- Drive collaboration and shared consciousness with all internal cross functional teams to ensure all legal, regulatory, data, product, marketing, customer insights, finance and operations requirements are carefully considered to achieve revenue goals and manage risk.
- Optimize the partnership through strategic partnering and identification of new, mutually beneficial market opportunities in line with the JUMO business model.
You will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Finance / Economics / Accounting or similar.
- Good understanding and experience of financial products and performance, including credit risk, dynamics of lending, saving and some insurance.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Understanding and experience of doing business in Africa.
- Understanding of mobile network operators and the role mobile money plays as a revenue generation component for them.
- Understanding of financial services, mobile money, Mobile Financial services.
- Ability and willingness to travel where required.
- Ability to manage complex relationships.
- Strong commercial and business acumen, particularly someone that can easily articulate the JUMO strategy and translate this into key strategic plans and deliverables.
- High levels of intellect and judgement. Someone that makes the right trade-offs, takes the right direction, weighted decision making in line with overall JUMO business model.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to break down complex challenges into measurable work streams and to lead the delivery.
- Ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment, highly adaptable.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Decisive, detail orientated, enthusiastic, problem-solving abilities.
Bonus if you have
- High level and sophisticated relationship management experience across various senior and other levels in an organization (internal and external), with a minimum of 5 years’ work experience. Banking, Corporate Finance or Financial Markets experience would be preferable.
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment.
- Working for impact.
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support.
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges.
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery.
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead.
You will be based in West Africa (Abidjan, Cote D’Ivore or Yaounde / Douala, Cameroon). We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.