Country Operations Manager // Ghana
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As Country Operations Manager you will be accountable for shaping and implementing the strategic roadmap for our key strategic partnerships for JUMO in Ghana by utilising existing local market knowledge, operational execution and building strong relationships internally and externally. You will report to the Country Manager // Ghana.
- Operational targets: Support product performance objectives by contributing recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; initiating productivity improvements, quality checks; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Relationship management: Sustain rapport with designated stakeholder groups by making regular visits; exploring specific needs; resolving challenges and anticipating new opportunities.
- Actively engaged: Pro-actively seek inputs and stimulate discussions with teams responsible for Portfolio Management, Product, Marketing, Customer Insights, Data Science, Finance, Capabilities and Customer Operations to resolve potential problems and identify opportunities.
- Project management and coordination: Take personal accountability in proactively planning and executing new and existing projects and operational activities including but not limited to operational compliance.
- Reporting: Provide real-time, robust, reliable, insightful business information.
- Ensuring a clear grasp on any regulatory changes within the ecosystem that will affect our operations in country.
You will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in Financial Services, Technology, Telecom, FMCGs, FINTECH.
- Experience in project management.
- Previous high level and sophisticated relationship management experience across various senior and other levels in an organization.
- Very good understanding and experience of financial products and performance, including credit risk, dynamics of lending, saving and some insurance.
- Experience of negotiating with major counter-party to achieve and facilitate a given strategy.
- Experience leading a team.
- Prior experience with mobile financial services.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communicator, with effective listening skills, intelligent and articulate with strong written and verbal skills.
- Confident personality with strong presentation ability.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, multi-task, prioritize and handle a diverse workload.
- Decisive, detail orientated, enthusiastic, problem solver.
- Ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment.
Bonus if you have
- MBA is an added advantage.
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment.
- Working for impact.
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support.
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges.
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery.
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead.
You will be based in Ghana. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Accra for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.