An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As BI Analyst you will be involved in building new reports, deriving data extract for operational and analytical needs and engage with both internal and external stakeholders on their data and reporting requirements. You are inquisitive self-starter with the ability to learn and navigate through data and gain a good understanding of how disparate data fits together. You will report to the Data Modelling and Reporting Analyst.
- Interact with business users at all levels to understand their needs and to design and build reporting solutions that can scale and create efficiency within the organization
- Be responsible for creating robust reporting data models used to effectively manage the technical delivery of business needs
- Perform quality assurance on new and existing data sets and pipelines to discover inconsistencies and/or anomalies to guide problem resolution and data cleansing exercises
- Play a key role in the design and delivery of reporting solutions for both internal and external consumption including various regulatory bodies
You will need
- 3+ years’ experience with data analysis and/or BI experience, with some time spent within a formal BI environment (Kimball Methodology)
- University degree in Finance or Business or Informatics or equivalent industry training and experience.
- Proven ability in analytics, business acumen and presenting / communicating / visualization across all organization levels
- Real-world understanding of data processing and storage
- RDBMS experience in any relevant technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift and SQL Server
- Experience creating stored procedures or advance query writing
- Intermediate – Advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of IT Governance, Project Management methodologies and QA standards
- Experience with reporting and business intelligence software such as Tableau, Power BI, Grafana, Superset
- Critical thinking under pressure & good time management skills
- Ability to work as an individual as well as in a team environment
Bonus if you have
- Experience in application design and development with at least one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Scala, Java
- Experience with big-data technologies such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, MongoDB, Presto, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Beam, Flink, Kafka or Kinesis
- Experience working with services on the AWS platform
- Experience with Airflow
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
You will be based in South Africa. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.