Head of Debt Capital Markets
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As Head of Debt Capital Markets you will work as part of our Finance team with primary responsibility for developing the loan book financing strategy along with the coordination and delivery of growth components of our Capital Roadmap.
This role will require you to source and work closely with existing and prospective debt investors and to manage all aspects of our investment processes including marketing, design and structuring, negotiation, deal execution and relationship management.
You will work closely with our Growth and New Markets (GNM), Treasury (JUMO Capital), and Asset Management teams. You will report to the CFO, and can be based anywhere but our preference would be London, where our primary investor and capital markets networks are.
- Develop the Loan book finance Capital Roadmap and investment strategy to optimise volume and revenue growth across all capital sources including Local Banking Partners, Institutional Debt investments, Development Finance and JUMO Capital.
- Lead the sourcing, structuring and execution of institutional debt capital raising transactions with investors and senior management.
- Take a lead role in sourcing and managing investor relationships across multiple investor types (Local Banking Partners, Institutional Debt, Development Finance)
- Lead commercial negotiations and deal structuring including First Loss, Guarantees, FX hedging, Capital extractions, capital drawdowns, investment structuring and interest terms.
- Enjoy finding creative solutions to non-standard funding requirements and have a good grasp of debt structuring and implementation to achieve efficient outcomes for JUMO
- Preparing financial models, financial analysis, investor presentations, due diligence materials, term sheets and other transaction materials.
- Work with JUMO Treasury to develop a clear JUMO capital investment strategy and manage JUMO capital to board approved investment mandates.
- Take ownership of the full transaction lifecycle including investor relations, ad hoc queries, and reporting.
- Manage the Institutional debt roadmap and negotiating debt rolls, refinances and new investments to manage capital and revenue risk in line with the capital roadmap.
- Investigate and implement local funding strategies including the implementation and management of Local Bond programmes in key markets.
- Assist with design, build and maintenance of investor financial performance reporting and dashboards and identify automation opportunities.
- Keep abreast of developments in capital markets, legislation and statutory requirements. Ensure that financial transactions, policies and procedures meet corporate objectives and regulatory requirements inclusive of related risk and exposure.
You will need
- Degree educated, preferably with maths / business / finance / economics focus
- At least 10 years of transactional experience (Debt capital markets or Leveraged Finance) covering investor sales and origination, transaction structuring and execution of institutional corporate debt.
- An understanding and experience of asset-backed lending / CLNs / securitisation.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a tier one Investment Bank or Advisory firm.
- A strong network of institutional debt investors.
- To be a high performer with strong commercial judgement and ability to think and work in a strategic, accurate and professional manner.
- A confident personality with ability to communicate and present to senior and high-profile investors, stakeholders and decision makers.
- To demonstrate you are a resilient self-starter with ability to work to tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritise in an often uncertain and intensive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills and ability to build and maintain strong cross functional working relationships.
- An independent style of working, entrepreneurial mindset, great ambition and professionalism.
- Proven problem-solving, conceptual thinking and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and to be able to easily switch between high level strategic thinking and hands on execution i.e. preparing investor decks and financial modelling.
- Ability and preference to operate a “hands on” approach in a lean organisational structure.
Bonus if you have
- MBA / CFA / ACA or similar qualifications
- Growth company and / or fintech experience
- Emerging market experience
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
You will be based in London, United Kingdom. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We provide access to co-working spaces on a needs basis for collaboration and connection. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you have access to a reliable connection and are set up to work remotely.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.