Junior Software Engineer
Kenya | Portugal | South Africa
An exceptional challenge must be met by exceptional people. Every day, we are inspired by the opportunity to collaborate and learn from our talented colleagues. Smart, passionate and driven, we take pride in what we do together, as JUMOnauts.
About this job
As Junior Software Engineer you will be accountable for solving complex technical problems with solutions that are scalable, testable, maintainable, and efficient. You will report to the Tech Lead.
- Work in an agile cross-functional team, delivering quality code you can be proud of
- In collaboration with team members, successfully plan and deliver technologies that improve a major portion of a system/service design, product, application or process
- Work with a modern but pragmatic Tech Stack (i.e. Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Datadog, Jenkins + Spinnaker for CI/CD, AWS), building a highly scalable distributed system
- Led and supported by an experienced, hands-on Tech Lead
You will need
- Experience designing, developing and testing software
- Hands-on experience with the design and development of high-volume/low-latency services
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- A stack of leading-edge technologies
Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration, working from one of our Tech Hubs in South Africa, Kenya or Portugal. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town and Nairobi for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. We provide access to co-working spaces on a needs basis for collaboration and connection for all our engineers and employees working from our Porto hub.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.